You are informed that Bureau Veritas GSIT (“us”, “we” or “our”) uses "cookies" or any similar technique on Verigates Website (the “Service”).
These may be installed in your terminal subject to the choices and options you have made or may express at any time in accordance with this policy.
Bureau Veritas GSIT has defined this policy for your information and transparency, so that you can learn more about:
- the origin and purpose of the information processed when you browse the Website;
- your rights to cookies and other tracers used by Bureau Veritas.
What are cookies
“Cookies” are files which are placed on Your computer when you visit our Website/Application. They record information required for Your computer to browse the Website/Application and help us improving Your navigation experience.
Status information can be, for example, a session ID, language, expiration date, etc.
Cookies are used to store status information for the duration of their validity when a browser accesses different pages on a website or when the browser subsequently returns to that Website.
There are different types of cookies:
- session cookies that disappear as soon as you leave the browser or site;
permanent cookies that remain on your device until their lifetime expires or until you delete them using your browser's features.
What are the cookies issued on the Site used for?
Purpose of the cookies
Cookies are strictly necessary to facilitate the navigation on the Site
These cookies have in particular vocation to:
· manage the authentication of Internet users and associated security, and ensure the proper functioning of the authentication module;
· optimize the user experience and facilitate navigation, in particular by determining "technical routes" of navigation;
· retain the information according to which the Internet user has seen the "cookies" information banner displayed and has continued to browse, thus allowing the insertion of cookies on his terminal;
implement security measures (e. g. when you are asked to re-login to a content or service after a certain period of time, or to ensure that the Site is functioning properly and that you are using its main technical features such as monitoring performance and navigation errors, managing the user session, etc.).
Cookies of functionalities
These cookies have notably vocation to:
· adapt the Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and configuration of the display of web pages according to the terminal you are using and its location, etc.);
· memorize certain information that you enter on the Site in order to facilitate and personalize your next browsing (especially displaying the name and surname of the Internet user identified if he has a user account);
· allow you to access your personal spaces more quickly by memorizing identifiers or data that you have previously indicated.
Cookies used to track users' use of the Site (audience measurement)
These cookies help us understand your interactions with the Site (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies can be used to compile statistics, or to test different displays in order to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services.
Cookies subject to your consent
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit the Website, you are asked if you accept the installation of this type of cookies, which will only be activated after your acceptance.
This step is framed by the presence of a banner of information on the home page of the Website informing you that the continuation of your navigation implies your acceptance as for the installation on your terminal of cookies subject to your consent.
As User, you can object to cookies’ recording. You are free to configure your internet browser or use third party software to define rules relating to cookies. Accordingly, you can accept all cookies, be warned when a cookie is sent, or refuse all cookies. If cookies are refused, you may not be able to enjoy functionalities connected to this Website’s customised features.
You can at any time go back to your choice by the various means described in the section "How to manage cookies? ».
Bureau Veritas GSIT uses technical cookies that are strictly required to provide the Services (IP address, browser and OS used, number of pages visited, etc.) or for statistical data processing purposes. These cookies supply detailed information on the number of persons who accessed the Website, the access mode and number of visits to the Website. Lastly, Bureau Veritas GSIT may use commercial cookies for advertising purposes or in order to adapt Website contents to the User’s interests.
Bureau Veritas GSIT may use service providers, software or third party components for cookies’ management. They may record cookies in the name of Bureau Veritas GSIT.
How to manage cookies?
There are several ways to manage cookies and other tracers.
You can configure your browser software to:
- accept all cookies,
- or reject them systematically,
- or choose the ones you accept according to their emitters.
Do not forget to configure all the browsers of your different terminals (tablets, smartphones, computers...).
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will let you know how to change your cookie preferences.
For Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
The registration of a cookie in your terminal is essentially subject to your will, which you can express and modify at any time and free of charge through the choices offered by your browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies in your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content you have viewed may be temporarily stored in a dedicated area of your device. They will only be readable by their transmitter.
To read the Bureau Veritas Group Data Protection Policy, click here.