SCOPE OF DUTY
- Consignment Based Conformity Assessment (CBCA) program: Bureau Veritas is mandated for the implementation of the CBCA program applicable to goods exported to the Republic of Somalia.
- All regulated products and related shipments shall be assessed prior export and shall be accompanied with a Certificate of Conformity for Customs Clearance on arrival in Somalia.
- To safeguard the well-being of consumers, maintain quality of products, and protect the environment.
- To prevent unfair trade practices and dumping of substandard goods by enforcing equal requirements for imported and locally manufactured products.
- To streamline and improve the efficiency of clearance procedures for imported goods at ports of entry.
SOBS: Somali Bureau of Standards