SCOPE OF DUTIES
- Programme Gabonais d’Evaluation de la Conformité (PROGEC): Bureau Veritas has Signed a Convention related to the Gabonese Program of Conformity assessment (PROGEC) for the provision of Inspection and Verification of Conformity of regulated products imported to Gabon.
- All regulated products shall be accompanied with a Certificate of Conformity for Customs Clearance in Gabon.
- Groups of Products concerned by this programme: I-Construction materials (civil engineering, chemical products and building materials), II-Machinery, Electrical, Electronics and Parts and, III-Cosmetics,Health and medical or Surgical instruments and Appliances, Personal care and toys.
- Protect consumers against dangerous, sub-standard or counterfeit products
- Improve quality of products through compliance with applicable standards and regulations
- Protect domestic industry from unfair competition of poor quality imports
- Ease trade operations by recognizing existing conformity proof to avoid unnecessary re-testing.
AGANOR: Agence Gabonaise de Normalisation